With the starting of Windows 10 rumors, there’s also a rumor running around that Microsoft will make a support of Android apps on Windows 10 Mobile. Now it is getting accurate in front of my eyes, and I want you to do that on your phone also so you can also have some fun installing apk on your Windows 10 mobile.
Windows 10 on PC has been officially launched my Microsoft on July 29 and now Microsoft’s main focus is Windows 10 mobile and releasing preview builds more often. If you have any other Windows phone except Lumia, then you will have to wait for some more time for getting all these benefits from Microsoft.
Microsoft codenamed this project as project Astoria, For this your phone should be updated to the latest build of Windows 10 Mobile that is 10512, there are limited device which supports this project Astoria are listed below if your device doesn’t fall in this list then wait some more time for the next build, it may be possible that your phone will support project Astoria then:
- Nokia Lumia 635 1GB of RAM
- Nokia Lumia 730
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 435
- Nokia Lumia 928
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon)
- Nokia Lumia 830
- Nokia Lumia 930
- Nokia Lumia 1520
Many people have tested this tool, and they are getting positive results, yet this tool and the deploying process are unofficial so that it might void your phone’s warranty so take a note of that.
How to Sideload applications on Windows 10 mobile
- Take a Windows phone and update it to Windows 10 latest build.
- Download the tool from here and extract it to your PC.
- Make sure that your PC has all the required USB drivers installed so it will detect your phone.
- Launch the tool from the unzipped folder.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable and (on the phone) go to settings > Update and security > For developers > tick the Developer mode > enable Device discovery and tap on “Pair”, it will show you a popup with a code.
- (In PC) Enter that code in the tool and click on connect.
- After some time your phone will get paired with that tool and now drag any apk file you want to install on your phone and click on install.
- Wait for some time and your apk will get installed on your phone.
The steps in this post are tested and working, but still I want you to wait for the official launch of any apk deploying tool or Project Astoria.