If you own a HTC Desire 510 then this will be great news for you: your phone can now be installed with TWRP custom recovery. If you don’t know about recovery then soon you will know about it by reading this article. Read all parts of this article and follow all steps carefully because it is an unofficial process and may brick your device if you don’t pay attention on the instructions and precautions given here.
Installing custom recovery, rooting your phone and unlocking boot loader of your phone will voids its warranty and you will be charged for any future help for your phone, real money! As this flashing a custom recovery image process is illegal so you should know that it is also not recommended by Google or HTC and don’t give you any refund if you brick your new device.
Recovery is a hidden and very important mode come pre-installed on all android devices. Recovery can be accessed on your phone with some key combinations, key combination for all manufacturers are different. On stock recovery (one that came pre-installed) you have to navigate the menu using volume keys and select options using power key. There are some custom recoveries available on internet which are much more advance than the stock recoveries. But custom recovery support touchscreen feature with which you can use it easily. By custom recovery you can also flash custom ROMs, kernels and theme packs.
You need a windows based PC (not macs), a USB cable and your phone with boot loader unlocked, you can do that by going to HTC developer website, there you will find step by step method to unlock boot loader of your phone. Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by going to settings > developer options > check USB debugging here.
Steps to install TWRP custom recovery on HTC Desire 510
- First download HTC drivers and install it on your PC.
- Download adb package from here and extract it on your computers desktop.
- Now download TWRP image on your PC and move it to that adb folder downloaded and extracted on desktop in step 2.
- Open adb folder, press and hold shift key and right-click on the space and select “open command window here”.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it up by pressing and holding power button and volume down keys together, now using volume keys just select fast boot on it.
- Connect your phone to PC and type this command on the command windows launched in step 4 “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“.
- Wait for some time and your phone will get installed with recovery.
Now your phone have TWRP custom recovery installed on it and you can now root your HTC Desire 510 smartphone.