ZUK Z1 is a flagship device from ZUK smartphones. ZUK smartphone company is owned by the present owner of Motorola that is “Lenovo”. Lenovo is making some cool, smartphones with this smartphone series. Z1 is a full featured smartphone by a large hardware built even in Lenovo smartphone making history. This phone holds a 5.5 inch HD display with pixel density as high as 401 ppi, a 13 MP camera which is capable of shooting HD videos at 30 fps with an 8 MP front facing camera which is also capable of shooting HD videos. ZUK Z1 is driven by a 2.5 GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor supported by three gigs of RAM which is powerful enough to run two or more high graphics games simultaneously at the same time. This beast runs with a 4100 mAh Li-ion removable battery which is sufficient to make this device alive for a whole day.
Well, I introduced with your device (again) but now some news for your device which you never heard of, “custom recovery.” Recovery is some pre-installed program on your Android smartphones to certain tasks without actually turning on your device like clearing cache, resetting your device and installing OTA updates. Moreover, custom recovery is just a custom made recovery for your smartphone to do some more specialized tasks with your device. There are lots of custom recoveries are available for Android smartphones all over the internet, but the popular of them all is “TWRP” because this custom recovery has some features which no other recovery have.
- In other recoveries, you have to navigate using the volume keys but in TWRP you can use the touch screen to navigate.
- TWRP has vibration feature which gives you feedback on every action you make.
- TWRP also support custom themes.
So let’s begin the installation of TWRP on your ZUK Z1.
How to install TERP on ZUK Z1:
- Download TWRP custom recovery for your phone from here.
- Download adb package from here and extract it on your PC’s desktop.
- Also, move the custom recovery file to this adb folder as well.
- Now open the adb folder and right-click on space inside the folder while holding down the “Shift Key.”
- Select “open command window here” and you will see a command window.
- On command window type these commands one by one.
- adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem get-device-info
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery z1.twrp.220.127.116.11.By.Breadcrust-UPDATE1.im
- Your wish has been granted after you see an okay message on the command line. Now you can reboot your device to recovery mode by turning your device on by pressing and holding the power key and both volume keys together for some time.
In conclusion, that is how to install Team Win’s TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo ZUK Z1 smartphone so you can start installing some new ROMs to take over from the stock ROM and get root access with the SuperSU by Chainfire. The SuperSU needs to be installed from a modified recovery or a custom recovery image so that it can be enabled correctly and that is why people always install it from a custom recovery.