The Moto X Pure Edition (Style) is a brand new device from Motorola, this device is just like the Nexus 6 and has some good specs. This device also has all the looks from the Moto flagship devices which are a sleek looking device with power key and volume rocker key on the same side of the device with a curvy back finish. Coming to the specs, this phone has 5.7 inches full HD display, 1.8 GHz quad-core processor, 21 MP primary camera and 5 MP front facing the camera with three gigs of RAM and this device is powered with a 3000 mAh of Li-ion battery.
Android devices give their best when they are rooted and customized with some speed-boosting apps whether it is at the interface level or performance level. Moreover, for rooting, you have to unlock the bootloader of these devices first and for that, you can go here. Some geeks like me prefer making or testing new custom ROM on their phones and of you are the one like me then you will be jubilant to know that today I am going to give you a way of doing that on your device.
Today I want to tell you about installing a custom recovery on your phone; this recovery is TWRP which is a touch enabled recovery, and you can operate this recovery very easily. This custom recovery is unofficial that means TWRP team have nothing to do with this recovery. Some developer on XDA-Developer ports this recovery.
How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (Style):
- Download and install Motorola drivers on your PC.
- Download the adb.rar and extract it to a folder.
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from here and save it to the same adb folder.
- Now inside that folder right click on space while holding the shift key and select “open command window here.”
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- In the command window, type “adb reboot bootloader” to get the Moto X Pure Edition into the bootloader mode and ready for the flashing.
- In the command window, type this command “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-18.104.22.168-clark-1.img”.
- Wait till the image file get flashed and your device reboots to the recovery mode.
- That is all folks! If you are facing any difficulty installing the recovery, then contact us using the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is how to install Team Win’s Recovery Project on the Motorola Moto X Pure Style smartphone so you can use it to flash new ROMs over the stock Android and even flash SuperSU for rooting purposes.