Assuming you’ve already gained the rooting privileges on your GT-I9505 smartphone, it’s now a great time to flash a custom recovery. There are two main custom recovery images most people love installing: TWRP recovery or ClockworkMod recovery. If you want the most popular choice you should try flashing the CWM Recovery to your device. Those preferring the alternative method will want to check out the guide after the jump for flashing Team Win’s TWRP recovery to their S4 handsets.
1. By flashing the file below on the wrong model number S4 you risk bricking. Navigate to the About Device menu and check your model number matches up with I9505 and no other.
2. You can run any OS to follow this guide, but you should already have root access.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
1. Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our page. Restart the computer for them to work.
2. Head to Settings > Developer Options > Check the USB Debugging box so it’s no longer empty.
3. You must have a Windows PC for those guide because Odin does now work for other operating systems.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 GT-I9505
1. Download the TWRP Recovery file from here.
2. Download Odin from here.
3. Extract both the files to the desktop of the Windows computer so you have the executable files inside you can use.
4. Boot the S4 in Download Mode: hold Power + Home + Volume Down keys.
– press the Power key once again at the warning/Android logo screen.
5. Connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
6. Click the PDA button and upload the TWRP Recovery file.
7. Click the start button and wait for Odin to flash the recovery image.
8. The S4 will reboot by itself when it’s done and you are safe to unplug. Those with the ‘fail’ message should try again after the download the USB drivers and restart the computer.
Please share this article: