The Team Win Recovery Project is very easy to install on the Kindle Fire all thanks to the Kindle Fie Utility. It uses BurritoRoot to install the TWRP recovery. Now, with this new custom recovery, you can make a lot of tweaks to the internal partitions of your device and can improve it’s performance considerably. The steps listed below are very easy and are guaranteed provided you follow them very strictly.
The Files you Need
- Kindle Fire Utility
- Rooting is risky. Make sure that you have backed up all your important data. Have at least 65% battery in your device. Otherwise, it may die during the procedure. Use authentic data cable to make a secure connection.
TWRP Recovery On The Amazon Kindle Fire
- Extract the Utility file in a single folder.
- Double click the install-drivers.bat file.
- Once the Kindle fire drivers have been installed on your PC, connect your device to it using a USB data cable.
- Head back to that unziped folder and click on that Run.bat file.
- Hence, the Utility app will be launched.
- Now, click on ‘install permanent root with superuser’ or just click 3 to do the action.
- Now select ‘Install latest TWRP Recovery.’
- Be patient. The process takes time.
- When all the procedures are done, press the 1 button to choose Boot Mode.
- Now, boot your Kindle Fire in a normal boot by press 1 again.
- Congratulations. You’re device is now rooted.
- If your device gets stuck to a yellow triangle, select Normal Boot in the Utility app. After the booting is done, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to turn it off. Now, turn it on back again. It will boot normally. Don’t unplug it. Make sure the drivers are saying ‘Kindle’ in a text box.