Android One devices are lucky enough to have both CWM Recovery and TWRP Recovery available for them. With these recoveries, you can customize your device beyond a normal point and get some really cool things running on your devices.
The guide below shows how you can install TWRP Recovery on the Android One devices:
Files You Need
1. Your bootloader should be unlocked before you can install a custom recovery. Please follow our guide here to unlock your bootloader.
2. Download Minimal ADB Setup to your computer. It’s a group of files you need to issue commands to your device.
3. Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It’s the actual recovery file that will be flashed on your device.
Installing TWPR Recovery on the Android One (All Devices)
1. Right-click on Minimal ADB Setup and select Extract here. It’ll extract the compressed files to your computer.
2. USB debugging should be enabled on your device. You can enable it from Menu->Settings->Developer options->USB debugging.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Open the folder where you have extracted the ADB files. Hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
5. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window and hit Enter:
6. Select fastboot using the physical buttons on your phone.
7. You should reboot into fastboot mode.
8. Now, issue the following command using Command Prompt. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual recovery image name.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. It should flash the recovery to your recovery partition.
10. When it has done installing the recovery, issue the following command:
11. Your device should reboot.
12. You’re done.
Cheers! Your Android One device now has TWRP Recovery installed on it. You can use this recovery to install custom ROMs, custom kernels, and everything else that comes in a flashable format. Enjoy!