The following guide teaches you how to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H. Use this guide to install the custom recovery, which then lets you get root access with the SuperSU. You must access this custom recovery to install the SuperSU file since the stock recovery doesn’t let you flash zip files.
In addition to gaining the rooting rights, a custom recovery is also what you need to install a custom ROM. The custom ROMs for the Galaxy Grand prime will be limited, but you should still find a few available worth checking out.
The Files You Need
- Download the TWRP custom recovery for your Grand Prime from this page.
- Download the Odin app from this page so you can flash the custom recovery.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from the official Samsung website.
- You must download Odin to a Windows PC only. You can install it on a notebook running Windows and pretty much anything that’s considered a PC. However, you won’t be able to get it working on Windows RT.
Installing TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime G530H
- Unzip the Odin file, run the app and leave it open for a minute when we come back to it.
- Unzip the TWRP recovery so you can upload that file through Odin soon.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime is turned off.
- Boot the Grand prime in download mode so we can connect it to the computer where you have downloaded the other files.
- To reach download mode, press the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time. When you see a warning screen, press the Volume Up button.
- Now that you are in download mode, connect the Grand Prime to the computer with a USB cable.
- The Odin app should change the color of the ID: COM port. If not, you should download the Samsung USB Drivers and try again. Sometimes the drivers require a reboot to get them working.
- Click the AP or PDA button in the Odin app — the letters will vary depending on what version you downloaded. All should work fine.
- Browse the computer for the TWRP recovery .img file you will see after you unzip the TWRP folder you downloaded earlier.
- Click the Start button without changing any default Settings.
- After a few minutes the custom recovery (TWRP) will be installed on your device.
- Odin will give you the “pass” message on the computer’s display to let you know you can leave and disconnect from the computer.
Now you have TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime SM-G530H. You are ready to learn how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime SM-G530H smartphone.