The TWRP lets you install a custom ROM on the LG Exceed 2 handset just like any other custom recovery. Since the Exceed 2 isn’t a popular device, there likely isn’t many custom recoveries to choose from — we only know of this one. However, it’s also one of the best custom recoveries in the world, so you are lucky to have TWRP ready for your device. Those of you who do not want to install any new ROMs might still enjoy the custom recovery for its ability to take NANDroid Backups. A NANDroid backup gives you a complete backup which you cannot otherwise have unless you use adb commands.
Once you root the LG Exceed 2 device, you can also install the NANDroid Manager application from the Google Play Store. Once you have a custom recovery and the NANDroid Manager app on your device, you can take complete backups with one click of a button and restore certain partitions at a time. Without the NANDroid manager you can only restore it all at once.
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP for Exceed 2 from this page.
- This should only be tried on the Exceed 2 with model number VS450PP. You can check your model number by navigating to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- Installing a custom recovery on your Exceed 2 smartphone will always void the warranty. You can flash a stock recovery on the device and that warranty will start working again. You can usually get the stock recovery when you flash a stock ROM back on the device.
Installing TWRP recovery on the LG Exceed 2
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Open the folder where you have the ADB and transfer the TWRP recovery file so it’s within that same folder.
- Connect the LG Exceed 2 to the computer using the USB cable.
- From within the ADB folder, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse to bring up a new menu.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window from that new menu.
- Boot the Exceed 2 into the bootloader mode by giving this first command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Rename the TWRP recovery file by right-clicking on the file and choosing the rename option. Rename the file “recovery.img”.
- Type the second command in the command prompt window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot the device by issuing the last command:
Now your Exceed 2 device will reboot back in normal mode and you can use the device as you normally would. The only difference now is that you have a custom recovery to boot the device into and not the stock recovery. You can choose to boot into that same custom recovery any time you like to use its features like the NANDroid backup feature.
You can now find out how to boot your LG Exceed 2 smartphone in to the TWRP recovery you just installed.