These are the steps to install TWRP recovery on Motorola Razr HD XT925 smartphones. Once you have the TWRP installed on your device, you can start flashing new ROMs thanks to the zip file feature. Some people enjoy having a custom recovery installed on the Motorola Razr HD smartphones just so they can take a complete backup of the data easily. We do this with the NANDroid Backup feature. Those of you who decide to go on and root the Motorola Razr HD smartphone can also install the NANDroid Manager app. With the NANDroid Manager, we can choose to restore partitions at a time and not only just restore the complete backup.
Files You Need
- You need to set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer before you can follow this guide.
- Download the TWRP recovery file for XT925 from this page.
- You are voiding the Motorola warranty when you decide to flash a custom recovery on the Razr HD device. You can return the device back to the stock recovery at any time and get that warranty working once again.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Motorola Razr HD XT925
- Start with the Motorola Razr HD device turned off and reboot it to the bootloader mode ( Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Wait until you can see the bootloader menu and choose Fastboot from the same.
- Connect the Motorola Razr handset to the computer using the USB cable and the drivers should automatically install on the computer.
- Open the folder where you have the ADB and Fastboot and hold the Shift key whole right-clicking the mouse to bring up a new menu.
- Choose to open the command prompt window from the menu.
- Type your first command:
- Now for the second command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-hdrecovery.img
- You should find the custom recovery is now installed on your device and you can reboot back in the normal mode.
- Type the last command to get that done:
Now you can learn how to boot your Motorola Razr HD into the custom recovery you just installed, or you can boot into the recovery by using more adb commands.
Alternatively, you might be interested in finding out how to root the Motorola Razr HD device so you can start installing more apps to improve your system.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.