These are the guidelines to flash TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smartphone running on Android 5.0 Lollipop software updates.
You should find this custom recovery will work on any model number version of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and on most Android 5.0 software updates for those model number.
Files You Need
- Make sure you backup your data before you start the guide. Anyone who gets their devices stuck in a boot loop or displaying soft-brick symptoms can enter recovery mode or flash a stock ROM on the device.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your Grand Prime running 5.0 from this page.
- Download the Odin 3.09 for your Grand Prime from this page.
- Download your universal ADB Driver for the computer and the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime smartphone from this page.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide. Anything from Windows XP operating systems and up will flash this recovery using the Odin app on the computer.
- You are voiding the warranty on your Grand Prime smartphone when you follow this guide. You can unroot the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime device to get the warranty working again.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Unlock the hidden Developer Option menu on your Grand Prime smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device and then tapping your finger over where it says the Build Number repeatedly. After about seven or so times it will tell you that you are using the device now as a Developer.
- Turn on your USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the Odin and TWRP Recovery files to the computer and drag them over to the desktop from their default download location.
- Right-click over the files and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Long-press the Power button on your Grand Prime and turn the device off completely.
- Boot the Grand Prime back up in download mode by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait until it says for you to press the Volume Up button on the Grand Prime and do that now.
- Connect the Grand Prime to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait until you can see the ID: COM port light up green before proceeding; you need to fix your drivers if the color does not change.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button from the Odin user-interface and upload your custom recovery tar file from the desktop which you extracted earlier.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flash app will now flash that TWRP on your Grand Prime smartphone.
- Wait until your Grand Prime reboots and the Odin user-interface gives you the pass message before unplugging and enjoying your custom recovery.
The stock recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is now replaced with a custom recovery made by Team Win. Every time you boot the device up you will see your custom recovery and not a stock recovery. However, you can always flash your stock recovery back on the device and use it later.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.