These are the instructions to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. You can use the custom recovery to get root access, install a custom ROM or take a NANDroid backup. Always remember to wipe the data before swapping between ROMs. In addition, you will need to find the working rooting guide for the steps on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 10.1. The rooting guides aren’t always done using a custom recovery.
You are voiding the Samsung warranty when you apply a custom recovery on your device. You should find installing a stock recovery and wiping the custom recovery will get that same warranty working again.
The Files You Need
- Download the TWRP recovery for your device’s model number:
- TWRP Recovery for Tab 2 10.1 P5110 here.
TWRP Recovery for Tab 2 10.1 P5100 here.
- Download the Odin flashing tool. You can use any version, but go with something close to Odin 3.07 for this device.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Unzip the Odin flashing tool on the desktop.
- Double-click the executable Odin program so you can use the tool.
- Unzip the TWRP recovery file so you can see the .img file inside.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and reboot in download mode.
- Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys to reboot it in the download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to the computer where you have Odin and the custom recovery.
- The Odin app should change the color of the ID: COM ports now. If that doesn’t happen for you, try downloading the Samsung USB Drivers. if you already did install the drivers on the Windows PC, try rebooting the PC operating system.
- Click the AP/PDA button in Odin and upload the TWRP recovery .img file.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that custom recovery image on your device.
- You’ll know it’s complete when Odin gives you the pass message on the display.
- Unplug from the computer and enjoy the new custom recovery.