While both CWM and TWRP custom recoveries have got almost the same features, some users prefer one over another. It may be due to their personal preferences or maybe they have used one of these before and they’d prefer having it on their device.
Regardless of the reasons, here’s how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi MI3:
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on your device. Please check out our how to root the Xiaomi MI3 tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. You don’t need a computer in order to flash a recovery on your device. The recovery can directly be downloaded and installed on your device.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi MI3
1. Head over to Google Play and download and install TWRP Manager on your device.
2. When TWRP Manager is installed, launch it from your app drawer.
3. When the app launches, tap on the Install Recovery option. It should be on the first screen of the app.
4. You should see a list of all the devices that are supported by TWRP. Tap on your device name, cancro, and it will let you go ahead.
5. The app should begin downloading the recovery image for your devie.
6. Once the recovery image has been downloaded, it’ll automatically be installed on your device.
7. When the recovery is installed, reboot your device.
8. You’re all set!
TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your Xiaomi MI3 and you can quickly reboot into the same using Quick Boot app on your device.