Installing any custom recovery on the Yu Yunique YU4711 is necessary if you want to start flashing some custom ROMs. It usually doesn’t matter what custom recovery it is that you are installing, and sometimes with lesser-known devices, you just accept what you can get. Yu Yunqiue owners can be very happy that there is a TWRP recovery available for you guys to install — which is often the number one choice of custom recovery to install on a smartphone for many people.
Files You Need
- Download the YU4711 TWRP recovery package from this page.
- Install the universal ADB drivers on the computer if you are using a Windows PC.
- You must have the Yu Yunique bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide.
- Unlocking the Yu bootloader, install a custom recovery and rooting the Yu Yunqiue device will all void the warranty. You’ll need to unroot, flash a stock recovery or ROM with the recovery and lock the bootloader up if you want to get that warranty working again.
Installing TWRP recovery on the Yu Yunqiue YU4711
- You need to set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Download the custom recovery (TWRP) file directly to your computer and shift it over to the desktop.
- Those of you using a Windows PC will find it automatically appears in the Downloads folder by default. Therefore, open that same Downloads folder and you will find the file. Now just click and drag it over to the desktop.
- Once you have the TWRP on the desktop, right-click the mouse on the file and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Rename the file to “twrp-recovery.img”.
- Turn off your Yu Yunique and reboot in the bootloader mode ( Volume Down + Volume Up + Power keys together during the booting phase).
- Connect the Yu device to the computer when you see the fastboot mode from the display.
- From within the folder where you have the custom recovery, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse and choose the option to “open a new command window here”.
- Type the first command into that command line and press Enter / Return: fastboot devices
- Now type the second command and press Enter / Return: fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img
- Everyone with the Yu Yunqiue now has that custom recovery installed. You can choose to boot your device up into the recovery now if you want by issuing the last command: fastboot boot recovery.img
The rest of you can boot into the custom recovery at any time you want by learning how to enter custom recovery mode on Android devices.
Some of you might want to know how to root the Yu Yunqiue YU4711 smartphone now so you can start installing the root-requiring applications from the Google Play Store.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.