These are the instructions to install XenonHD Android 5.1.1 ROM on the T-Mobile LG G3 with model number D851. You must have a custom recovery installed before you can install a custom ROM. You’ll need to source what custom recoveries are available for your G3 smartphone. The steps during the guide will slightly vary due to the exact wording changes on the custom recovery you are using. However, you can easily comprehend the same guide. The wording from the menu will just have minor differences from the recovery menus.
The Files You need
- Download the XenonHD custom ROM zip file from here.
- Download the Google GApps zip file for Android 5.1 Lollipop from here.
- Check that you have the LG G3 with model number D851. Head to the Settings > About Device and the model number of your device should be available.
- You must take a NANDroid backup during the guide or else risk losing your data. We will tell you when the best time to take the NANDroid backup is during the steps.
Installing the XenonHD Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on the T-Mobile LG G3
- Download the Google Apps (Gapps) and the XenonHD ROm files directly to the desktop. Do not unzip either of the files. We are transferring them still zipped.
- Connect the G3 smartphone from T-Mobile t othe computer,
- transfer the custom ROm based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and the Gapps files to the SD card. That’s your internal storage.
- Unplug the G3 from the computer.
- You need to know how to boot your device into the recovery mode for the next step. That’s the custom recovery mode. If you do not know the key combination, try downloading the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store.
- Boot your device to the custom recovery mode.
- Take a NANdroid backup from the menu.
- Select the ‘wipe’ or ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option depending on your custom recovery. You are now wiping the ROm clean. Without a backup you cannot restore the device.
- Head to the ‘install’ option from the main recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the Xenon HD custom ROM file.
- Confirm to install the XenonHD custom ROM file.
- Go back and browse the SD card for the Google Apps package.
- Confirm to install the Gapps package.
- You now have the custom ROM based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop installed on your device. Furthermore, you have the Google stock apps.
- Go back to the main recovery men uand choose to reboot the system.
- Take control of your Google account when the device reboots and you are ready to start using the custom ROM.