These are the steps to install XenonHD Android 5.1.1 stable ROM on the LG G3 smartphone. You must be a Verizon subscriber to follow this guide. You shouldn’t flash the files on any different version of the G3 apart from the Verizon model. The beauty about the XenonHD custom ROM this time is that it lets LG G3 owners update to the latest software — Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The official 5.1.1 Lollipop isn’t available yet and might never be available for this device. If you want the latest software Android has to offer on your G3, you’ll need to flash this Xenon ROM.
The Files You Need
- Download the Xenon custom ROM file from here.
- Download the Google Gapps file for Android 5.1 Lollipop from this page.
- You need to have a custom recovery installed on the Verizon LG G3 before installing a custom ROM.
Installing the XenonHD Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on the LG G3 from Verizon
- Download the Google Apps and the XenonHD custom ROM files directly to the computer’s desktop.
- Connect the Verizon G3 to the same computer where you have the files.
- Copy and Paste the two files to the G3’s SD card (internal stock storage).
- Once you have the files on the SD card, disconnect from the computer.
- You need to boot the G3 in the custom recovery. Do that by using the key combination or by downloading the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Once you are in the custom recovery mode, take a NANDroid backup of the current ROM. The NANDroid will take a complete snapshot of the ROM and even backup the saved game data. Now you can wipe the ROM and it won’t matter; good because we are about to do just that.
- Since you should always wipe a ROM clean before installing another custom ROM, navigate to the ‘wipe’ or wipe data/factory reset’ option. The wording will vary between TWRP recovery and CWM recovery; however, you’ll see one of those two options.
- Now navigate to the ‘install’ or ‘install from SD card’ option.
- Browse the SD card for the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
- Confirm you want to install that ROM and wait for the flashing to finish.
- Go back to the installing option and this time upload the Google Apps package.
- Confirm you want to install Google’s stock applications and move to the next step.
- Go back to the main recovery men uwhere you first entered and choose the reboot system now option.
Once your device reboots, you are running the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop thanks to a custom Xenon ROM.