The Alpha build for Xposed in Android 5.0 Lollipop was recently released. Once a user has root access, the Xposed framework lets people have features normally found in custom ROMS without the need of installing any unofficial custom ROM on the Android smartphone or tablet. As simple as that sounds, installing the new framework can be tricky and we know some people have run into problems. Check the guide after the jump on how to successfully install the new Xposed framework on your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have a rooted device and a custom recovery installed. Choose from TWRP recovery or ClockworkMod recovery.
- It only works on Android ARMv7+ devices.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from the Settings menu on your device.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options menu. If locked, you must tap on the build number seven time to unlock the Developer Options. Now the Debugging option is available inside.
- You must have a computer with a working USB slot so you can connect the device to the same.
- You might want to give this a miss on your daily drive since it’s the Alpha build. However, the choice is yours to make.
HOW TO INSTALL XPOSED FRAMEWORK FOR ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
1. Download the files from the three links above to the desktop of the computer.
2. Connect the Android to the computer with the USB cable.
3. Transfer all three files to the internal storage SD card.
4. Unplug the device from the computer now.
5. Reboot the device in recovery mode.
– the steps to recovery will vary depending on the device you have.
– use the search box here on site or use Google to search for the recovery steps for your device.
6. Choose to ‘install’ or install zip from SD card’ from inside recovery mode depending on what recovery you are using.
7. Flash the Xposed ARM zile file.
8. Reboot the phone in normal mode by navigating to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
9. Install the Xposed Installer_3.0 Alpha APK file using a File Manager of your choice while running in normal mode. We recommend the ASTRO file manager, but there are many others just as good available from the Google Play Store.
You are finished installing the Alpha build of Xposed. As such, there will be a few bugs hence the name Alpha. Another build will come out in the near future, which will offer a more stable experience. You can do more research from XDA Developers.
Please share this article: