Taking a master reset on your Samsung Galaxy S5 will return the flagship smartphone from 2014 to the way it was out of the box. In doing so you will wipe the data so you can sell the phone if you want to give it away. A master reset is also helpful if you are suffering from bugs in the Android system and want to see if a reset help. Sometimes bugs cannot be fixed from a master reset on the Samsung Galaxy S6, though, because the bugs are more to so with the current software. Therefore, you will need to try updating the software or downgrading the software to get the device away from the current software version that is giving you the problems.
How To Master Reset The Samsung Galaxy S5
Using the buttons on the device
- Turn on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and log into your account.
- Point to the ‘User and Backup’ option.
- Tao your finger on the ‘Backup and Reset’ option.
- Select the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- You will get a warning message on the display, letting you know that you are about to reset the device. Confirm with the button on the display you do want to go ahead with factoring resetting the Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Enter the alternate password when it asks for the password.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 is now resetting back to its factory state; we call this a master reset.
Using the recovery mode
- Recovery mode is where we can go to ‘recovery’ our Android devices. All Samsung smartphones come with the stock recovery mode on a separate bootable partition. You can access this separate partition to perform a few important tasks on your Galaxy S5. One of those operations you can do is perform a master reset. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Power button just once and select the Power off option.
- If your device is not responding at all, you can long-press the power button and get it to switch off instead.
- Reboot the S5 holding the Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time and do not let go until you see the Samsung logo.
- Now that you are in the recovery mode, select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.