Android devices come preloaded with a hidden menu called recovery mode. This mode is responsible for various tasks on your device. Like whenever update your phone, your phone download the update package, reboots to recovery mode and install the package to your phone using recovery, all this process is performed hidden, you can only see your phone reboots and then updated. When you factory reset your device, then also this process takes place. You can also access this recovery mode manually, today I’m gonna tell you how to get access to this recovery mode on your Motorola Moto E.
The recovery mode comes preloaded with your Moto E is stock recovery. This recovery has been made and installed by the manufacturer and have some basic options. You can only do some basic operations with this stock recovery like clearing cache and factory reset your phone. Stock recovery don’t have a touch screen feature so you have to navigate the menu with volume keys and select with the power key (sometime with home key if your phone has one). Some time care center executive use this recovery mode to service your device.
You can also install any custom recovery available on the internet for your Android device. These custom recovery images are made by some third-party developers and they are also open source so you can have them without any charges. There are custom recoveries projects like TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project), PhilZ, Clock Work Mod, MiUi and Lewa available on the market. These recoveries have some advance options than stock recovery. These recoveries have touch screen feature so you don’t have to navigate with your device’s volume keys, you can use these recoveries like you are using an app. Using these recoveries you can tweak your device’s performance and interface. These recoveries have a great feature to install flash-able zip files on your device, using this feature you can easily install custom ROMs and custom kernels. These recoveries are used for installing custom ROMs only. Installing custom recovery can void your device’s warranty until you restore the previous one (stock recovery).
Reboot your Moto E to Recovery Mode Using Hardware Key Combination
- Completely turn off your Moto E (press and the hold power key and select “power off” from the power menu), wait till it completely turned off.
- Now turn it up by pressing the power key, volume up key and volume down key together.
- After a while you will be presented with a boot menu.
- On boot menu use volume down key to navigate and highlight the “recovery” option (do not press volume up key to navigate up as volume up key is used to select the highlighted option) and press volume up key once.
- Now you will see an android bot. On this screen, press volume up and down key together for 5 seconds.
- After some time you will be in recovery mode.
Reboot your Moto E to Recovery Mode Using Third Party Application
- Open Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for Reboot Manager app and install it on your Moto E (this app needs root access).
- Pick up a Reboot Manager widget and place it on home screen.
- Now tap on the widget and select “reboot recovery” option.
- Confirm the action by taping on “yes” and after some time your phone will be rebooted into recovery.
- Now you can do anything you want to do with this recovery option.
There is also another way to reboot your our phone to recovery mode only if your phone has a custom ROM installed. Press and hold power key for some time, a power menu comes up, select “Reboot” from the power menu then tap on recovery. This will reboot your phone to recovery mode.
Now you can do what you want to do with recovery mode and if you are having any trouble reaching the recovery mode on your device then you can post them in the comment section below.
Please share this article: