Sony Xperia Z3 launched in India two years ago but this phone didn’t got success in Indian smart phone market. It has good hardware but in very high price. Some people said that they aren’t getting any guide to root the Z3 23.0.1.A.5.77 on stock firmware, so today I decided to write an easy guide for you people so you can easily root your Z3 with stock firmware version 23.0.1.A.5.77. To root your phone successfully read all parts of this article carefully.
Rooting your is an illegal process and not recommended by Sony or Google because if anything goes wrong rooting process may brick your device. Your phone’s warranty will get void after rooting your phone and you will be charged for any help for your phone in future. If you want your warranty back then you can have it by unrooting your phone.
You need a Windows-based PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone. On your PC disable all security related software like antivirus or anti malware or it will interfere between the process and may brick your device. On your phone enable USB debugging by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here (unlock developer options by going to settings > about phone > tap on build number 7 times).
Before going any further make sure that your phone should have 70% battery left on it. This root process is only for Sony Xperia Z3 on stock firmware version 23.0.1.A.5.77, do not use this process or files on other devices or you will get ended with a bricked phone.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia Z3 with firmware version 23.0.1.A.5.77
- Download the rooted ROM zip file from here (download the 8.3 version of SuperSU signed zip). I prefer you to download it from your PC and then transfer it to your phone via a USB cable.
- Unplug your phone from PC and reboot it to recovery mode.
- First make a Backup of your previous ROM using the backup option.
- In recovery tap on install, select the zip file and confirm to flash.
- Now wipe cache and dalvik cache (do not wipe other options especially not system).
- Now tap on reboot then system, this will reboot your phone to the OS mode.
You phone is now rooted successfully and you can check it by any root checker app. Now you can run any app need root access on your phone.