Today I will tell you a way to root your Sony Xperia Z3 compact running the latest 23.1.A.0.726 firmware build. In this way you have to downgrade your Z3 to pre rooted Kit Kat version of Android. Read all parts of this article and flash the firmware carefully.
Rooting your phone is not legal and not recommended by Google or Sony because rooting process is risky and can kill your phone if anything goes wrong or you don’t take the precautions listed in this article. Rooting your phone also voids your phones warranty so you can’t claim it after you root your phone.
Backup all of your important files and data stored on your phone to your PC or any other safe place so if anything goes wrong then you will be sure that your data is safe. Sync your contacts to your Google account so you can have them back when you want. Backup all of your media files like photos, videos or music to your PC or any other external drive so it will be safe.
You need a windows based PC for this root process with Flash Tool installed on it and make sure that your PC should not have any antivirus or anti malware installed, if it have any then disable it temporarily during this process or it may brick your device. Your phone should have unlocked boot loader and any custom recovery installed on it and make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it.
Steps to Root 23.1.A.0.726 on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Download pre rooted zip file and FTF file and transfer only the zip file to your phone using USB data cable.
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first wipe cache, dalvik cache, Wipe data/factory reset.
- Now flash the ROM zip file and after flashing shut down your device, do not reboot it.
- On PC Move FTF file to the flash tool/ firmwares.
- Now launch flash tool and click on flash icon on top left and select the D5503_14.5.A.0.242 firmware and on left side check the system check box.
- Connect your phone to your PC keeping the volume down key pressed, your phone will automatically boot to fast boot mode and flash toll starts flashing it.
After flashing your phone will reboot to the OS mode, first boot will take some time don’t worry it will boot up! After your phone has been booted you can check the root access by any of the apps from here.