Read below to learn how you can root Galaxy A7 A7ooFD on XXU1AOAA Android 4.4.4 KitKat software. That’s the latest update that’s available for the Sammy A7 device. You’ll need to know a few things before starting the rooting guide, so learn those after the jump.
- You want to use this on the A700FD variant of the Sammy Galaxy A7 smartphone only. Do not try installing the file on any other A7 model number.
- The guide is done for those of you running XXU1AOAA firmware build numbers on Android 4.4.4 KitKat software. Double check that from the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our page. Scroll down the page until you see the Samsung brand.
- Enable the USB Debugging. Do that by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the box for USB Debugging so it’s not empty.
- You are voiding the warranty on your device by following this guide. Furthermore, you are tripping the Knox.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY A7 A700FD ON XXU1AOAA ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the Odin file you need here.
- Download the rooting file from here.
- Extract both packages to the desktop so you can use the executable files inside.
- Run the Odin application and leave it open.
- Completely power down the A7 smartphone by holding the power button in for 15 seconds.
- Boot the smartphone in download mode by holding down the Power + Home + Volume Down keys.
- Now release all three keys when you see the yellow warning triangle and some writing above it. Press the Volume Up key and enter the mode.
- Connect the A7 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button in Odin and upload the CF-Auto-Root tar.md5 file.
- Click the big start button and the flashing will begin.
- Wait until Odin says pass and the phone reboots.
- Now unplug from the computer as you normally would any USB.
You might wish to confirm what you did worked by installing the root checker application from Google Play.