The Kingroot application is a new One-Click rooting tool developed by a group of Asians associated with the XDA Developers forum. They claim it roots every Android devices out there. We don’t think that’s true when we look at the list of devices it works for. However, it does work for a large quantity of devices — many of which did not have a One-Click solution until now.
The new Kingroot universal root tool gives users a soft root experiences more so than a hard tooting job. That means it’s better suited for people who wish to install root-requiring apps from Google Play and other third-party apps by different developers outside of Google Play.
If you are rooting Android device for the first time, then you should know that after rooting your phone you will not be able to claim your phone’s warranty unless you unroot it back. Google strictly don’t recommend this process of rooting your phone because this is an unofficial process.
You need for rooting process is a PC with internet connection so you can download the King Root APK. You also need a USB cable so you can connect your phone to your PC. At last you need your phone with USB debugging enabled, do that by going to the Settings > About Device > tap on Build Number 7 times. Correspondingly, come back to the Settings, followed by Developer Options and enable USB debugging from here. Also make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it or you might end up with a bricked device.
Make a backup of your important data stored on your phone’s internal data. Backup your phone’s data to a safe place like your PC hard drive. Make a backup of all your media files like music, photos and videos to your PC or any external drive like flash drives and pen drives. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account which will keep them safe from any damage.
This rooting process mentioned here is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Duos TD LTE only. Do not try to root any other Android variant using these files or this process.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Duos TD LTE using Kingroot app:
- Download Kingroot APK from here and save it on your PC so you can find it later.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable as mass storage and transfer the Kingroot APK to your phone.
- Unplug your phone from PC and install King Root APK on your phone (read how to install APKs on Android devices).
- After installation go to all apps and launch the Kingroot app from there.
- In the Kingroot app, you will see a lock icon with your phone’s model number written there.
- You will also see a big blue button at the bottom of the screen with START ROOT written on it.
- Tap on that START ROOT button, rooting process will begin immediately.
- Wait for some time and you will see a green tick at the center of the screen, that means your phone has been rooted successfully.
- Now immediately exit that King Root app and reboot your phone so the root access will take effect.
After booting up you can install any app that needs root access to run. If you want to check root access on your phone, then install any root checker app.