Are you still one of the many proud owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 variant and running Jelly Bean and not a newer OS like KitKat or Lollipop? Well if so we have the guide that’s going to give you root access so you can think about flashing a custom recovery next. Once you choose from TWRP or CWM you can search for custom ROMS available. Since you are using one of the most popular devices in the world, heaps of third-party developers have made ROMs for that.
- You should check the About Device menu available from the Settings menu and look at the model number. You want it matching up with the same model number in the title which is GT-I9505. A different model number can brick the device by flashing the files.
- You should check the same menu and look that your device sits on Android 4.2.2 and not 4.4 or 5.0 Lollipop software. We cannot be sure this method works after the 4.2.2 JB software update.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our links. Scroll down the page and click the Samsung link.
- Rooting your Sammy smartphone does void the warranty. Furthermore, the CF-Root option by Chainfire does trip Knox.
- You must first enable the USB Debugging Mode by stopping over at the Developer Options menu.
- You can only use this guide if you have a Windows PC with working USB slot.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 GT-I9505 RUNNING ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
1. Download the rooting file you need from here.
2. Download the Odin file you need from here.
3. Extract both the files to the desktop and run the Odin program.
4. Boot the Samsung Galaxy S4 in Download Mode.
5. Connect the S4 with the computer via the USB cable.
6. Click the PDA button from inside Odin and upload the rooting file from the desktop.
7. Click the start button and wait until your GT-I9505 device reboots automatically.
8. Now you can unplug the S4 from the computer and start thinking about flashing a custom recovery.