The Samsung Galaxy S4 will go down as one of the most well-known smartphones in the South Korean phone companies history and the LTE variant comes with some sweet speed. What better way to put that to good use than following the guide below to unlock the internal hardware and free it from the restrictions that were holding it back? If you have recently found the official XXUHOB7 over the air software update arriving and want to know how you can root that, all you need to do is following the easy guide below.
- One of the major issues people have with rooting is that the current exploit is patched by Google and flashing older files can brick their device. Avoid that by only following the guide below running XXUHOB7. That’s easy to check by going to Settings > About Device > looking at the build number.
- The Samsung galaxy S4 comes in a few different model .This OTA only rolled out for the LTE I9505 variant. make sure that’s the one in your hands.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You ought to download and install the Samsung USB Drivers. Follow the link and scroll down to where it says Samsung. They’ll download to the computer. Now restart the computer for the drivers to start working and continue with the guide.
- Understand that rooting with the guide below does indeed void any remaining warranty you had with Samsung. You can follow a guide to unroot the same device and return the flash counter back to zero and send it away under warranty again.
- Check that you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode first by navigating to Settings Developer Options > USB Debugging.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 LTE I9505 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.1 XXUHOB7 FIRMWARE
- Download the SuperSU from this link.
- Connect the S4 to the computer with its USB cable.
- Transfer the SuperSU zip file to the internal SD card storage without unzipping.
- Unplug the phone from the computer.
- Completely power down and reboot to recovery mode.
– Volume Up + Power + Home at the same time.
- Navigate to the “flash zip from SD card” option inside recovery.
- Use the Volume keys to move around and search for the SuperSU file. Confirm the upload.
- Wait until it finishes installing before heading back to the main recovery windows and selecting the “reboot system now” option.
That’s it! You are now rooted. You might want to go to the Google Play Store and install Busybox.