The HTC Rezound is known as fairly slow in performance and if you would like to make it faster, better and stronger we are about to show you how that is possible. Thanks to the talented group of gents at XDA Developers, and more specifically a senior developer that goes by the name of WindyCityRockr, the HTC Rezound now has a relatively easy root method.
This phone launched back in November of 2011. It flew underneath that radar of many, so much so that some people starting talking as though it were meant to be a secret. That likely wasn’t the case this time around, but the lackluster specs might have put this one further down the shelf on HTC’s advertising list. Its performance wasn’t all that great as to be expected, but by rooting it, we can expand on what was not great and turn it into something so much greater.
Since then it received the Ice Cream Sandwich update and this method will work for any Rom you are running on the Smartphone.
Read these tips before commencing:
- Please make sure you have at least half battery life on your device to complete the rooting process.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked. If you have not done this in the past, head to the HTC site.
- Ensure USB Debugging switches on. You can do this by navigating to ‘Menu’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Developer Options’ > ‘USB debugging’.
- This method will void the Rezound warranty.
- Turn off any Android anti-virus you are running at present. These can cause conflicts and needs disabling temporarily to avoid any mishaps.
- This method is designed to work with Windows PC’s only because of the toolkit in the process won’t work on any other OS.
- This procedure is made specifically for the HTC Rezound and not any other handset. Do not apply this set of instructions for any other device because that won’t work and could cause damage.
How to Root HTC Rezound
Step 1. First off you will need to download the following app to your PC:
This app will make sure the ADB drivers are installed for your device. You can also use it to back up your device if you haven’t yet done so.
Step 2. Next, you will need to download the following tool kit:
Step 3. Once downloaded you will need to extract the files to your desktop.
Step 4. From your desktop, open the Toolkit by double clicking on the executable file and then plug the phone into the computer.
Step 5. From within the Toolkit home screen, click on ‘CWM’. This will flash ClockworkMod Recovery to your device.
Step 6. Once it has completed, look to the third column underneath where it says “root & Flash”. The first option in this category is ‘Gain Root’. Click it.
Step 7. This will take you to the CWM Recovery mode screen, from here select ‘install zip from sdcard’ > ‘Choose zip from sdcard’.
Step 8. Locate the ‘Superuser.zip’ file and select to flash your HTC Rezound.
Step 9. This will begin the flashing process which should only take a matter of minutes.
Step 10. Remember to always right-click the USB symbol in the Windows taskbar and click on the green arrow that says ‘safely remove hardware’ when you hover the cursor over it. Now right-click > select the gray area >USB Mass Storage Device > stop button > select the flash drive in the ‘stop a hardware device’ section and click OK. It will now say ‘safe to remove hardware’ in a bubble that’s popped up on the taskbar
Via: XDA Developers