Do you own the OnePlus One? Updated to Oxygen OS? If yes is the answer to both of those OnePlus questions and you are seeking for any guide for rooting on Oxygen OS then you are at right place. Today I will tell you a very easy and fast way with which you can root your phone on Oxygen OS. OK! Go on and read this whole article carefully so you won’t be ended up with a bricked device.
The rooting process of opening up the system internals is always an unofficial process, this is not recommended by Google or manufacturer. The process is also risky and if you ended up with a bricked device then you can’t take it to care center for any assistance because after rooting your phone will take away its warranty.
As it is a risky process, it may brick your phone and wipe all of your important data so you better make a backup of all of your important data from your phone to any safe place. Make a backup of all of your media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive so it will stay safe. Sync all of your important contacts to your Google account or export them to your sd card.
All you need for this process is a PC, a USB cable and your phone with boot loader unlocked and a custom recovery installed on it. Do not apply these actions on any other android variant or it may brick down your phone.
Steps to root OnePlus One on Oxygen OS
- First you have to download the SuperSU root package from here: SuperSU
- Do not unzip that file we have to install it as it is.
- Now connect your phone to our PC via USB cable and transfer this SuperSU zip file to your phone.
- After that is done, unplug your phone from your PC.
- Now you have to reboot your phone to Recovery Mode. For that you have to shut down your device completely. In the Recovery Mode, you have to navigate using the Volume keys and select using the Power key if you are using CWM recovery. On TWRP, you just have to use it with touch of your fingers.
- In the Recovery Mode you have to flash this SuperSU root package zip file.
- For that you have to first tap on “Install” then “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now browse through your phone and select the SuperSU zip file and confirm to flash it on your phone.
Now to go back to OS mode you just have to tap on “reboot” then “system”. That’s it! Your phone has the root access on Oxygen OS. If you have any query about his guide you can ask me using the comment section below.