You should root the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F to install apps like the Triangle Away app made by Chainfire — the same guy who brings you the rooting tool in this guide. Many people root Samsung devices to flash aftermarket firmware. When you do flash aftermarket firmware on a Samsung device, it will let you know with an orange warning triangle during the booting process. You can get rid of that orange triangle by installing Chainfire’s Triangle Away application.
These are the guidelines to root the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F smartphone running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update.
Files You Need
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for the Galaxy A5 SM-A500F running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop from here.
- The following guide is intended for the SM-A500F version of the Samsung Galaxy A5 device. Using the same file on any other version of the Galaxy A5 will end up bricking that device. You can fix that problem by flashing the right stock ROM for your device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy A5 so it can connect to your Windows computer and the Odin flashing tool.
- Extract the Galaxy A5’s rooting file to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click the Odin executable file and then choose to run it as an administrator.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy A5 in download mode and then connect to the computer with the USB cable.
- Install the universal Windows ADB driver if you do not see the ID: COM port light up green.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the A5’s rooting file.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings in the Odin application.
- Click the Start button and wait until the Odin application gives you the pass message.
- Look over at the Samsung Galaxy A5’s display and you should see it says your device is restoring the stock recovery, cleaning up and then rebooting in ten seconds.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone will now reboot to the recovery mode all by itself. Any device that does not boot into recovery mode automatically will need to boot into recovery mode manually using the hardware button combination for that.