The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is part of the new Samsung range of smartphone and the SM-G850M is the LTE variant from the Vodafone phone carrier network. If you own that device and are running the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat software, you can follow the guide below for opening up the internal hardware away from the OEM restrictions.
- You must follow our guide below on the Alpha G850M variant only. You can verify that number matches with your device by navigating to the Settings > About Device and looking at the model number.
- Furthermore, you want that device to be running the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. You can check your software version from the same About Device menu as mentioned above. It’s possible Google patches this exploit in future OTA updates such as the Android Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend updating your Samsung USB Drivers from our direct link. Once done, you’ll need to reboot your Windows PC to have the same drivers working.
- As I said before, you must use a Windows PC for this guide. The Odin app doesn’t work for Mac or any other operating system.
- Applying the steps does void any warranty you have left; thus jeopardizing the ability to send it away for free repairs.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY ALPHA G850M LTE RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool you want from here.
- Download the Odin tool from here.
- Download both files to the desktop of the Windows PC and extract the files so they are unzipped.
- Run the Odin application and leave it open.
- Completely power down the Alpha and boot it up in Download Mode.
- Press the Power button again if you get to the Android logo or warning screen.
- Connect the Alpha to the computer via USB cable.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and upload the tar.md5 rooting file from the extracted file on the desktop.
- Leave the Auto reboot option on, and check the re-partition box is empty.
- Click the Start button and wait until it rebooted automatically.
- You are all done and ready to check out some custom ROMS or rooted application from the Google Play Store.
Please share this article: