The Samsung Galaxy Avant is a smartphone that came out during mid 2014 last year. It had a quite release with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box. Almost unbelievably, Sammy hasn’t updated this operating system since to a fresher version of KitKat. With that being said, we are unlikely to see Android 5.0 Lollipop coming any time soon.
The phone comes out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and still sits on that today–the time of the exploit release which cracks open the operating system away from the restrictions. We cannot recommend using the file below to unlock the internals if you are running jelly Bean or any software below KitKat. Likewise, we cannot guarantee or recommend installing the file if you are reading this and running Android Lollipop in the future.
Details We Should Know
- Install the latest USB drivers from the official Samsung website. They have a dedicated downloads page where the USB drivers for mobile phones are available.
- You can use third-party download links if you cannot find the drivers from the official Sammy website.
- Turn on the smartphone, tap the Settings, followed by About Device and check the box for USB Debugging. That will enable the mode.
- You need a Windows PC to use the Odin program It’s not available for any other OS including Mac OS X.
- You can flash a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery after rooting.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY AVANT
- Download the rooting package here.
- Download the Odin 3.10 file from here.
- Launch the executable Odin file on the desktop.
- Extract the rooting pack zip file.
- Turn off the Galaxy Avant by holding the Power button until it’s off.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Avant in download mode.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA/AP button depending on what your Odin version says.
- Search for the executable rooting file from the desktop.
- Don’t adjust any other default settings.
- Click the start button when you are ready for the flashing to start.
That’s all you need to do! Wait until the phone reboots by itself and when it does you are ready to disconnect from the computer and start searching for extra application from the Google Play Store or custom ROMs. Speaking of apps from Google Play: you can verify it’s working by installing the root checker app.
Please share this article: