If you like to play games on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smartphone, you will love installing the GMD Speed Time. Sometimes when we get in-app purchases, we must wait for a period of time before we can start playing again. The GMD Speed Time can speed up those times up to a thousands times faster so you can get back to playing. Of course, this app is only available for rooted users and you cannot install it when your device comes out of the box normally.
You can install the GMD Speed Time application and many others just like it by following the guide below.
Files You Need
- You must unlock the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime bootloader before you can follow this guide.
- Download the SM-G530M rooting package from this page.
– it is recommended by the developer that you run Android 4.4.4 KitKat as he nor I can tell if this will soft-brick your device if you are running a newer Android OS. Google could patch it at any time.
- Download the universal ADB driver by Koush from this page.
- You can download various Odin version from this page if the Odin that comes with your rooting bundle doesn’t work. Sometimes it takes a try on several version of Odin before one sticks.
- You can only follow this guide with the model number SM-G530M. You can head over to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number to find yours.
- You must have a Windows PC to complete this guide. You cannot get the Odin flashing tool to work with any other type of operating system.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Download the rooting package from the files section above and transfer it over to the desktop of your Windows PC. By default, the rooting bundle should end up in your Downloads folder after you click to download. Open that Downloads folder and click and drag the file to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop, right-click the mouse over the file and choose the option for extracting it here.
- You will find the Odin executable file and the rooting exploit now on your desktop. Double-click the mouse over that same Odin executable file and it will open on your desktop.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and reboot it in the download mode.
– press the Volume Down, plus Home, plus Power buttons at the same time. Wait until it says to press the Volume Up button on the display.
- Connect the Grand Prime smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- The ID: COM port should change color if the ADB Drivers are working. Try rebooting the computer if you have downloaded the drivers and it should work.
- Click the AP or the PDA button and browse the desktop for the CF-Root Grand Prime rooting package.
- Leave the default settings as they were when you first opened the Odin flashing tool after downloading a fresh copy of the tool.
- Click the Start button and that same flashing tool will now flash that rooting exploit on your device.
- Wait for the pass message from the Odin user-interface and for the Galaxy Grand prime to reboot. If your Grand Prime device never reboots by itself, you will have to do that manually.
- Once the Grand prime reboots, open the Google Play Store and install the root checker application and see what is says. It should verify the guide worked for you.
You are ready to open the Google Play Store again and start installing your root-requiring apps.