The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available for numerous phone carrier network in the United States. However, it’s also available for some parts of the world outside of the US. here we are referring to the Korean variant of the same that comes with the model number SM-N915S. Do not apply the steps for any other variant or else you risk bricking your device.
The Samsung Galaxy Node Edge comes with Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box; thus the following guide is tested as working for most of the N915S smartphones running KitKat. Although Lollipop is out in the wild for many devices, it’s not yet available for the Note Edge. When it does arrive, you may need a new guide because Google could be patching the current vulnerability and exploit in its security updates.
Details We Should Know
- Enable USB Debugging Mode. You’ll find it available from the Developer Options menu.
- Have the latest Samsung USB drivers working on your computer.
- Correspondingly, you’ll need a Windows PC, notebook or laptop.
– we are using the Odin application made by Samsung developers and it’s only available for Windows.
- The guide does void the warranty. You get it back again by taking away the root access and returning back to stock Android with Sammy’s bloatware.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery before starting the steps. You can check the battery by looking at the battery icon from the status bar across the top of the display.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE EDGE [KOREAN VERSION]
- Download the CF-Root file from here.
- Download Odin 3.09 here.
- Extract both files to the desktop of the computer.
- Run the Odin application-
– leave it on the computer monitor because we are coming back to it in a minute.
- Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait until Odin says “added” and the ID: COM ports change color.
- If that doesn’t happen you might need to download different USB drivers.
- Click the AP button and upload the rooting file from the extracted file.
- Do not change the default settings.
- Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options should stay checked.
- Click the start button for the rooting process to start.
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915S smartphone that you have running on one of the versions of the Android 4.4 KitKat software update is now rooted by using the one-click rooting tool called CF-Auto-Root. If you can find a custom recovery image available to install on your version of the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge smartphone, you can go ahead and install that now even though you just rooted it with a one-click rooting tool. Nothing changes with the custom recovery images.