Once you complete the steps to root and install TWRP recovery on the Allview X2 Xtreme device, you can install flashing new ROMs, custom kernels, install new apps and take complete backups without the help from any adb commands from the command line.
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP recovery file from XDA Developers from this page.
- Download the updated SuperSU for the X2 Xtreme from Chainfire here.
- Download the ADB to your computer and set it up using our guides. You can use ADB for Windows, or ADB for Linux.
- You are agreeing to the void the Allview warranty by following this guide. Both the custom recovery and rooting methods will void the warranty. By flashing the AllView stock ROM back on the device you will unroot and return your device back to the stock recovery. Once that is done, you can send your Allview device away for free repairs again.
Rooting the AllView X2 Xtreme and installing a custom recovery
- Make sure you have the Developer Options unlocked on your AllView by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Those who need the Developer Options unlocked can do that by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap the build number until it’s unlocked.
- Connect the Allview X2 Xtreme to the computer with the USB cable and copy the SuperSU file over to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Extract the other files on the desktop and copy the TWRP recovery over to the same folder as your Fastboot.
- Open the Fastboot folder and hold the shift key while right-clicking the mouse on a white area and choose to open a new command prompt window from the menu.
- Type the command if you are a Linux user:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
- Reboot the X2 Xtreme device in bootloader mode.
- Follow the same steps to get a new command prompt window open once again.
- Type the next command:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- The above command will flash your TWRP recovery on the Allview device.
- Now reboot the Allview X2 device in the custom recovery mode by using the hardware keys, or by installing the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store.
- Tap your finger over the Install button from the main recovery menu once your X2 device is booted into the custom recovery mode.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU file you transferred to the root of the internal storage SD card at the beginning of the guide.
- Choose the reboot system now option from the main TWRP recovery menu.
- Now the custom recovery will reboot your X2 Xtreme device back up in the normal mode and you can start using your device again like you normally would.
- You might like to start things off by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.
Once you have checked the Allview X2 device is rooted, you can start installing your new apps you have been waiting for. You also have a custom recovery installed until you decide to flash the stock recovery back over the device. The custom recovery means you can always boot it up in that new recovery and take complete backups. Likewise, you can check out Android forums for some new ROMs that might be available so you can update the Allview X2 features and even run newer versions of Android.