Believe it or not, rooting the Amazon Fire Phone is just the procedure of tapping a few buttons here and there and you will be rooted. What makes this possible is the universal root app called Kingroot. It lets you root your device in a couple of seconds, and you can then get started with root-requiring apps on your device.
Files You Need
1. A computer is not required to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded and installed on the device.
2. Download Kingroot to your computer.
Rooting the Amazon Fire Phone With Kingroot
1. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your device is in data transfer mode.
2. Copy Kingroot app from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When Kingroot is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. On your device, go to Menu->Settings->Security->Device Administration and turn on Unknown sources. What it does is let you install apps from outside the official App Store on your device.
5. Open File Manager and tap on Kingroot to install the app on your device.
6. When the app is installed, open it from your app drawer.
7. Hit Start Root in the app and wait for it to gain root-access on your device.
8. It should let you know when it has done rooting your device.
9. Reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
10. You’re now rooted!
Your Amazon Fire Phone is now rooted.
You can now go ahead and install a custom recovery on your Amazon Fire Phone to enjoy many of the custom ROMs available out there for your device.