One of the main reasons to buy the Amazon FireTV is to use the additional apps on your TV that you do not have any access to on a normal TV. That works well when thinking about getting root access to a device since root access means installing more apps. Once you finish the guide below, you can install more apps on your Amazon FireTV and many of those apps you couldn’t install without root access.
Files You Need
- You need to open your web browser app during the guide and point to this web address: http://towelroot.com.
- You are voiding the Amazon FireTV by following this guide. you’ll need to research how to unroot the FireTV if you are to get that warranty working again.
Rooting the Amazon FireTV
- Download the Towelroot app from the web address given in the files section above.
- Tao or click over the red lambda symbol that is available from the Towelroot homepage.
- That same red lambda is what downloads your Towelroot one-click rooting tool to your Amazon FireTV.
- Follow the prompts to install and open the Towelroot application on the FireTV.
- Once you get that done, tap the “Make it Ra1n” button.
- Wait for some time until you get the next message on the display: “you should have root, no reboot required”.
- Your Amazon FireTV now has root access, but do not leave yet.
- Open the Amazon App Store and browse for the SuperSU app. the SuperSU app is what keeps malware away from your rooted FireTV.
- If you cannot find the SuperSU app available from Amazon, install the APK on your device.
- You should now be able to install any of the root-requiring apps on your FireTV! Make sure you do not allow root access to any potential malware apps. Research the names of the apps that are asking for root permission if you do not recognize them.