Rooting the Asus Zenpad is all about what you can do with more apps. One of the best apps for your rooted Zenpad is the GMD Speed Time app that makes gaming ten times better than without having root access to your internal system. With the GMD Speed Time app running on your Zenpad, you do not have to wait around for any of the mandatory wait times that come with many games these days.
Files You Need
- Download the SuperSU by Chainfire from this page.
- Download the Intel-Android package from this page.
- Download the universal ADB drivers from this page.
- You need to set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer before you can follow this guide.
Rooting the Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580C
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on your Asus Zenpade by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect the Zenpad to the computer using the USB cable you normally would use for charging the battery.
- Transfer the SuperSU file over to the internal storage SD card.
- Extract the Intel-Android file by right-clicking over the file and selecting the “extract here” option from the menu.
- From within the Intel-Android folder, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse to bring up a new menu on the desktop. Choose to open a new command window from that new menu.
- Type in your first command in the command prompt:
- Double-click the launch.bat file from the same Intel-Android folder.
- Select ‘T2 and Enter’ after you see the device is connected.
- After around five minutes, your Zenpad will boot into the custom recovery you just installed.
- Scroll through the recovery menu using the Volume keys and select your option using the Power keys.
- Highlight the ‘Install’ option and browse the SD card for the SuperSU you copied to the SD card earlier.
- Once you have the SuperSU installed on your device, go back to the main recovery menu and choose the reboot system now option from the menu.
- The Asus Zenpad is now going to boot back up in normal mode and you can start using the device as you normally would. You do not need to install the SuperSU app manually from the Google Play Store since we just installed it through the custom recovery.
Download the root checker app and run the same once it’s installed on your Zenpad to check if it’s working.
You might want to check out the GMD Speed Time app and install it on your Asus Zenpad device if you are into gaming. You can watch an example of the GMD Speed Time application at work in the video clip below.