You should probably root your BLU Studio G if you are not satisfied with its current performance. Root access on your phone allows you to enjoy many of the root-requiring apps that bring with them the power that you have never had on your phone before.
From being able to change your kernel to customizing almost every element on your phone, you can do everything once you have rooted your phone.
Rooting the BLU Studio G does not take more than a couple of clicks here and there. If you wish to root yours, here’s how:
The Files You Need
- Please backup the data stored on your phone before doing this tutorial, just to be in safe side.
- You must have access to a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial. The tool that you are going to use is only available for the Windows OS. It works just fine on XP, 7, and even 8.
- You must have the required drivers installed on your computer. If they are not, your computer will not be able to detect your phone. So, go ahead and install those drivers first using the given link.
- This uses the Kingo Root app to gain root access on your phone.
- Download Kingo Root app for Windows to your computer.
Rooting the BLU Studio G
- Extract files from Kingo Root app over to your computer by right-clicking on the archive and selecting Extract here.
- Double-click on the Kingo Root installer and follow the on-screen instructions for installing the tool on your Windows computer.
- You need to unlock the developer menu on your phone before you Kingo Root can root your phone. To do that, head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times.
- Come back to the main settings page and tap on Developer options. From there, enable the option that says USB debugging.
- Go to Settings again and tap on Security. Turn on the option for Unknown sources. What it will do is allow you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your computer to install the required drivers for your phone.
- Double-click on the Kingo Root app and it will launch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for rooting your phone in the app.
- Wait for the app to gain root access on your phone. It should not take too long.
- When the app’s done rooting, reboot your phone.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on BusyBox.
- Install the BusyBox app on your phone.
- When that is all done, reboot your phone.
- You are now completely rooted!
Cheers! Your BLU Studio G should now be rooted, and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your phone.
So, the doors to custom developments are now open for your phone, grab as much of the fun for your phone as you can!