Sick of using your average file managers for your Cubot device? Why not install the Total Commander application instead. Total Commander is a new file manager that is available for rooted users only, and it can do far more than your average file manager without root access can. The Total Commander app is so good in fact that it makes the top list of apps available for rooted users.
If the Total Commander sounds like an app you wouldn’t mind trying, you can root your Cubot mobile device using the guide below and install it from the Google Play Store.
Files You Need
- Download the Framaroot from this page.
- You do void any warranty arrangements you had with the Cubot OEM by following this guide. You can, however, unroot the Cubot device and that same warranty will start working once again.
- You must enable the Unknown Sources option on your Cubot device or else you cannot get the Framaroot rooting exploit on your device. Do that now by navigating to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Leave the Security menu and your settings will be remembered.
Rooting the Cubot S222
- Download the Framaroot APK file from the files section above directly to the computer and transfer it over to the desktop.
- Connect your Cubot device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the Framaroot APK over to the root of the Cubot device’s SD card internal storage folder. make sure it’s on the root folder which means do not hide the APK in one of the sub folder or you won’t find it later.
- Disconnect the Cubot smartphone from the computer and the USB cable.
- Installing the Framaroot APK by using one of the best file managers for the job. You can use any file manager that you would normally use for installing apps on your device.
- Once done, tap and open the Framaroot app that is now available from your devices app drawer.
- Tap the Barahir option from the apps main menu.
- That same Barahir exploit will now root your device.
- Wait until you get the pass message from the app before exiting the app and rebooting your device manually.
Awesome; that’s how to root Cubot S222 smartphones using the one-click rooting tool.
Install the root checker application to verify your S222 device does have root access and is ready to install the root-requiring apps from the Google Play Store.