After getting a custom recovery up and running on your Elephone P8000, the next step is to gain root access on it and doing so is as easy as using the recovery to flash a custom file.
In order to root the Elephone P8000, what you are going to do is reboot into the recovery mode and flash the SuperSU package which will run its exploit and root the phone. Here’s how you can do that on your phone:
Files You Need
- Your phone must have a custom recovery installed on it before you can root it. If you do not have a custom recovery, flash one using our how to install a custom recovery on the Elephone P8000 tutorial. When the recovery is up and running on your phone, come back here and continue.
- This should flash SuperSU in order to achieve root access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it in its original format.
Rooting the Elephone P8000
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. It is recommended that you place the file in the root directory so it is easily accessible.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Power down your phone completely.
- Power your phone back up by holding down Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time.
- Your phone should reboot into the custom recovery mode.
- When your phone enters the custom recovery mode, select the option that says install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
- Navigate to your internal storage and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt by selecting Yes and wait for the recovery to flash SuperSU on your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- When SuperSU is flashed, reboot your phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You should now be rooted!
And there you go!
Your Elephone P8000 is now rooted and is running the SuperSU app to help you with managing various root-requiring apps on your phone.
You have got both of the tools to fully customize your phone – root access and a custom recovery. Now with these two tools under your arms, you can go ahead and do various things on your phone – ranging from changing single elements on your phone to going as far as to flashing a completely customized version of the OS on your phone. The choice is all yours.
Not only is it about flashing a custom OS or changing elements, the root access combined with a custom recovery lets you fully backup your system so that you can restore it when things go south – when your phone is soft-bricked and you wish to bring it back to the working condition.