The HTC Butterfly S is an older Android smartphone that doesn’t come with great call recording capabilities. That doesn’t matter when you root the HTC Butterfly S, however, because you can install the Call Recorder app from the Google Play Store.
Rooting an older Android device comes with many benefits to increase your devices features and performance. The Call Recorder app is just one of those apps.
If you would like to install the Call Recorder application, or any others that require root access, just complete the guide after the drop.
Files You Need
- You must have the HTC Butterfly bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide.
- Download the rooting exploit from this page.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the HTC Butterfly S before following this guide. You can find guides for installing ClcokworkMod recovery.
These are the steps to root HTC Butterfly S devices running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You should downgrade to that version of Android if you want to safely root the device.
Rooting the HTC Butterfly S
- Download the rooting exploit to the computer and move the file over to the desktop.
- Connect your HTC Butterfly device to the same computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the rooting exploit over to the root of the SD card. The root of the SD card means keep it on the topmost folder of the internal storage folder.
- Unplug your Butterfly device from the computer and the USB cable.
- Reboot it in the custom recovery you have installed earlier.
- Navigate to the install option from the recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the rooting exploit — it must still be zipped or it won’t work.
- Confirm you want to install that SuperSU file on your device.
- Choose the reboot system now option from the recovery main menu.
- Now your HTC Butterfly will reboot back into the normal mode where you normally use your device for daily tasks.
- Install the root checker app on your device and see if it says your device is rooted.
Stay in the Google Play Store and start installing your root-requiring apps.