Gaining root-access on the HTC Desire 500 is not a big deal as long as you have a custom recovery up and running on your device. The recovery lets you flash SuperSU on your device which then gains the root-access for you to enjoy root-requiring apps on your device.
All it takes is a couple of minutes, and your HTC Desire 500 should be rooted. Here’s how:
Related Reading: The Best Custom ROMs For The HTC Desire 500 Smartphone
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device before you can root it. Please follow our how to install a custom recovery on the HTC Desire 500 tutorial to learn how you can flash one on your device.
2. This should flash SuperSU on your device to gain root-access.
3. Download SuperSU to your computer.
Rooting the HTC Desire 500
1. Plug in your phone to your computer in data transfer mode using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons together.
6. Select Recovery from the options that appear on your screen.
7. Once in recovery, select Install and choose SuperSU .zip to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to install SuperSU on your device.
9. When it’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your device.
10. You’re all done!
Your HTC Desire 500 should now be rooted. Use Root Checker to confirm proper root-access on your device.