If you are already running a custom recovery, then now is the perfect time to use it to root your HTC Desire C and get access to tons of new customization options for your phone.
From root-requiring apps to custom boot animations, you can get all of these running on your phone once you have root access. So, follow our guide below that teaches how to root the HTC Desire C and you should be all set to get those things on your phone.
Here you go:
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your HTC Desire C before doing this tutorial.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before doing this tutorial. You can flash one on your phone using our how to install a custom recovery on the HTC Desire C tutorial.
- This flashes the SuperSU package to obtain root access on the phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the HTC Desire C
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable and ensure that your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place the file in the root directory so you can easily find it in the following steps.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons at the same time on your phone.
- Your phone should enter the bootloader mode.
- Select Recovery from the bootloader mode.
- Your phone should reboot into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, tap the option that says Install.
- Navigate to your internal SD card storage and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait for TWRP Recovery to install SuperSU on your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- When TWRP’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your phone using the Reboot->System option in the recovery mode.
- Your phone should reboot normally.
- Your phone is now rooted!
You have successfully gained root access on your HTC Desire C and you can have it confirmed using an app like Root Checker.
Now that you have obtained root on your phone, it is time to play around with some cool custom developments on your phone. Since you already have a custom recovery on your phone, you can get started with flashing custom ROMs and custom kernels on your phone as that is what most users install a custom recovery for.
Use an app like Quick Boot to reboot into the recovery mode and then flash whatever you wish using the Install option in the recovery. The flashable things include custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom boot animations, and so on. Every file that says it can be flashed using a custom recovery can be flashed using the TWRP recovery on your phone. However, always make sure that the file is for your phone and not for any other phone or you will end-up bricking your phone.
Before you start off with flashing things, take a full backup of your phone using the TWRP’s Backup option. That should backup all the partitions of your phone to be restored at a later time when things are not going good.