The Android operating system is based on the Linux kernel that differs from other operating systems. With Windows by Microsoft, we know having full permissions as administrator permissions. With Linux and Android, we call having those same permissions root access. The main thing about root access is that many apps available for your device need the root access for them to work. Without the root access your device cannot install them. These apps that need access to the internal system can do great things. You can increase the device performance, increase the battery life, overclock and just generally find useful apps.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file from the Android Forums on this page.
- You need to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC by following our post on this page. If you have already set up ADB, you don’t need to set it up again a second time.
- You must use a Windows PC to follow this guide. The link we are giving you only lets you install ADB on the Windows operating system and therefore won’t work from a Linux or Mac OS X environment.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Activa 4G smartphone. The guide does void any warranty you might have had left on the device. You should find that same warranty working again if you unroot the device.
Rooting The Huawei Activa 4G
- Download the rooting file directly to the desktop of the Windows PC. Do not unzip or extract the file.
- Check that your Activa smartphone has the Developer Options unlocked and the USB Debugging Mode enabled.
- Unlocking the Developer Options menu: Settings > About Device > tap the build number 7 times or until it tells you that the hidden Developer Options menu is now unlocked.
- Enabling the USB Debugging Mode: Settings > Developer Options > check that box that says USB Debugging Mode.
- If you find both of those options already on, you can continue.
- Connect the Huawei Activa 4G smartphone to the computer where you have the file.
- Transfer the Update.zip rooting file to the internal storage SD card folder. Make sure you are transferring it to the root of the SD card and not hidden in any sub folder.
- Open the folder where you have ADB.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse over an empty area from within that folder where there is no file.
- Doing so should bring up a new Windows menu where you can select the option ‘open command window here’ .
- Now you are ready to type some commands in the command prompt to get your device rooted.
- Type the command ‘adb reboot recovery’.
- The smartphone should now boot into the recovery mode.
- Navigate to the ‘update from SD card’ option.
- Browse the SD card and upload the rooting file you transferred there earlier. If you cannot see the zip file it will be because you either unzipped it, or you don’t have it in the root of the SD card. You must upload the file in the root of the SD card and not hidden in a sub folder.
- Once done, navigate back to the main recovery menu and choose the reboot system option.
Now the Active 4G smartphone will reboot and you can head directly to the Google Play Store and begin installing the root-requiring apps. The first one you might want to try is the root checker app.