Rooting the Huawei Ascend G600 smartphone is the only way to get full control of the device. Once you have unchained the internal hardware, you have the administrator rights on the device. The main advantage there is you can now install every app that needs those root permissions to work. Note that root access does not mean you can install a custom ROM. However, a custom recovery does and we have that during the guide for you too. That means once you leave here, you can install the extra apps and install a custom ROM.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need from this page.
- Download the recovery file from this page.
- These are the steps you need to root the Huawei Ascend G600 smartphone. You cannot follow the guide unless you have an unlocked bootloader on the G600 smartphone. Moreover, you can only follow the guide if you have a Windows PC.
Rooting the Huawei Ascend G600
- Download the recovery and rooting files and transfer them both over to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Right-click over the recovery file and select the ‘extract here’ option from the list. Do not extract the Root file, though.
- Now that you have both files extracted and ready to use, shutdown the Huawei Ascend G600 smartphone by long-pressing the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Reboot the G600 smartphone by holding the Power and Volume Down keys at the same time and keep pressing them down.
- You will notice your device enter the fastboot mode.
- Connect the G600 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Double-click the recovery executable file ending with ‘bat’ that you have on the desktop. Doing so will flash the custom recovery on your smartphone.
- Wait for the smartphone to reboot by itself; that’s how you know the recovery installation is complete.
- Copy the Root file over to the internal SD card. Make sure the file is copied to the root of the SD card, which means do not hide it in any sub folder.
- Completely power down the smartphone once more and unplug it from the computer.
- Reboot holding the Power + Volume Up keys to get your device in the recovery mode. Do not let go of the buttons until you can see your device is in the recovery mode. You should see the custom recovery menu that we just installed before.
- Navigate to the ‘Install’ option from the recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the Root file. The file should not yet be unzipped.
- Confirm you want to install that file.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and choose the reboot system option from the menu.
Once your device reboots, you should have the custom recovery and the root access. That means you can install every app on the Google Play Store that requires root access, and flash a custom ROM if you can find any available for your device.
The first app you might want to try is the root checker app.