So, the CWM Recovery was flashed on your Huawei Ascend Mate 7 and you wish to gain root access on your phone. No problem, the guide below should help you do exactly that.
Gaining root access on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is fairly easy. Just boot into recovery, flash SuperSU, and you are all set. That should get the SuperSU app up and running on your phone, and that’s the only thing you need to provide root permission to various root-requiring apps on your phone.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how to root your Huawei Ascend Mate 7:
Files You Need
- Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. Head here to learn how you can unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- Your phone must have a custom recovery installed on it. If it does not, flash one using our how to flash a custom recovery on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 tutorial.
- This tutorial flashes SuperSU to obtain root access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. It should not be extracted, it should be in .zip format for it to be flashed through a recovery.
Rooting the Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Your phone has to be in data transfer mode for it to be able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place it on the top so you can find it easily at a later time.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Select Recovery from the options that appear on your screen.
- Your phone should now boot-up into CWM Recovery mode.
- When your phone enters the recovery mode, select the option that says install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
- Navigate to your internal storage, find SuperSU .zip, and select it to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt and wait for CWM Recovery to install SuperSU on your phone.
- When the recovery’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You now have root access!
Awesome! You are now rocking root access on your Huawei Ascend Mate 7. To confirm the same, you can download and install an app like Root Checker on your phone.
Now that you are rooted, you have the ability to install root-requiring apps, flash a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, backup your entire system, and do many more things on your rooted phone.
If this was your first time rooting a phone, start off by installing root-requiring apps on your phone. When you are done with them, you can then slowly move forward to a custom ROM and then a custom kernel. Well, these are the things that you have rooted your phone for. So, go ahead and enjoy them on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- How To Root The Lenovo A3000
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Lenovo A3000
- How To Root The Lenovo A6000 Plus
- How To Unlock The Bootloader On The Huawei Honor 7
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.