Rooting the Huawei Ascend mate will give your device access to the root file system. It’s having access to that root file system that allows for greater use of the operating system. With that greater control, you can install more apps — and apps that are generally more powerful than the ones you would find available from the Google Play Store without root access. Although that sounds fun, it’s important to understand that having access to the root file system means you can also delete important system files. Should you delete those files, it can be bad news for your device. That’s just one of the reasons why your smartphone or tablet manufacturer prefers you to not have root access.
The Files You Need
- Download the Root Assistance app found on the first post on this page.
- Download the rooting file you need from the Android Forums on this page.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Ascend Mate. You must have a Windows operating system to use these files. The files do not work at all with Max OS X operating systems, nor do they work with Linux. That may seem strange considering Android is based from the Linux kernel, but the files are made for Windows because it’s the most popular computer OS.
- The following guide does void the warranty. You can find a unroot guide for the same mate device and it will restore the warranty. All that is assuming that you have some warranty time left.
Rooting The Huawei Ascend Mate
- Download both the Root Assistance APK and the Rooting file over to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click over the rooting file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Do not extract the Root Assistance APK.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. Go to the Settings > About Device > tap the build number until it says you have unlocked the Developer Options.
- Go to the Settings > Developer Options > check the box for the USB Debugging Mode so now it isn’t empty.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend mate to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click the mouse over the Root_Mate.bat file on the desktop.
- Press any key to begin the rooting process.
- The Root Mate will now take over and apply the root access to your file system. Do not touch any buttons until it’s done.
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources option enabled by heading to the Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
- Copy the Root Assistance APK to the internal storage SD card. Make sure it’s not hidden in any sub folder. We call this keeping it in the root of the SD card.
- Open any File manager app.
- Install the Root Assistance APK file.
- Launch the APK once it’s in your app drawer where you usually open apps.
- Tap over the box that says ‘Root’ and then exit the app.
- You should now see the Superuser app on your device. Do not delete that app; it’s the app that is granting your device the rooting permissions.Install a root checker app from the Google Play Store. The app will let you know if the access to the root file system did work.