While many say that rooting a Huawei device is a tough task, it’s not true for all of the Huawei devices. Look at the Huawei Ascend P2 and you should see that it can be rooted using a single click in an app.
Yes, Framaroot works perfectly fine to root the Huawei Ascend P2 in just a couple of minutes. Once you’ve root on your phone, you can load it up with whatever root-requiring apps you have on your mind.
Files You Need
- You don’t need a computer to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded and installed on your phone.
- This uses the universal Framaroot app to gain root access on your phone.
- Download Framaroot to your computer.
Rooting the Huawei Ascend P2
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy Framaroot from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When Framaroot is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your phone and turn on Unknown sources. It’ll allow you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Launch File Manager and tap on Framaroot to install the app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
- Tap on either Boromir or Faramir to root your phone.
- Wait for the app to gain root-access on your phone.
- When Framaroot’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- You’re all done!
Your Huawei Ascend P2 should now be rooted and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your phone.