Are you looking a new file sharing app for your rooted Huawei C8816 device? You might want to check out the Samba FileSharing app that is exclusive to rooted users. With the Samba FileSharing app, you can access anything from the SD card storage all over your Android network. You can also access the shared folder through another Android device.
The Samba FileSharing app is just one suggestion we have for your rooted Huawei C8816 device. You might also want to check out the Greenify app, BusyBox Installer, Titanium Backup, DataSync, and Chainfire 3D apps after you root the device.
Files You Need
- You need to visit the official home of the Towelroot app during the guide: http://towelroot.com.
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources option enabled from the C8816 device’s settings. You can find that by going to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Now you can install third-party apps from outside the Google Play Store on your Huawei device. Turn the option back off again once you complete the guide.
Rooting the Huawei C8816
- Open the Google Chrome app (or any browser) on your Huawei device and enter the Towelroot URL you can see above.
- Tap on the red Lambda that is on the main page.
- Save the tr.apk file to your C8816 device.
- Swipe from the top of the Huawei display and pull down the notification shade.
- Tap on the “Download Complete” notification.
- Tap “Install“.
- Swipe down from the top of the display one more time and pull down the notification shade.
- Tap on “Installation Complete” to open the app.
- Tap on the “Make it Ra1n” button.
- Wait until your device is rooted and it gives you the success message. You should also notice it says that you do not need to reboot the C8816 device.
- Open the Google Play Store application from the app drawer and install any SuperSU version. You can choose from ClockworkMod or Chainfire’s SuperSU. Both brands are very reputable.
- Once you have the SuperSU installed, make sure you do not ever delete it from the app drawer while your device is rooted. The SuperSU is keeping your device safe.
Open the Google Play Store application once again and install the root checker app on your device. Open the root checker app and follow the prompts to check for root. You can open the Google Play Store again and start installing your apps that require root access once the root checker says it’s working. You might like to start with the Samba FileSharing app we mentioned earlier.