Huawei Fusion 3 was carried by AT&T in the United States and it quickly became a great phone for the Android fans. If you picked one up when it was first released, you may have got a little bored with it by now. The reason is it may not have got the Android version update that you were looking forward to, etc.
Well, root has come for your Huawei Fusion 3. Yes, what it means is that get ready to shake the dust off your phone as it’s ready to be loaded with some cool stuff that you haven’t had a chance to enjoy on your phone, yet. By stuff, I’m referring to the root-requiring apps that bring with them some really great features that you’ve always wanted to get on your phone.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how to root your Huawei Fusion 3:
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your device before doing this tutorial. Pleas head over to the XDA Forums to learn how you can unlock your bootloader. When the bootloader is unlocked, come back here and continue.
- You’ll need a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial.
- Download Rooted Image to your computer. It’s the boot image that will help you gain root access on your device.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It’ll help you execute commands on your device.
- You should have ADB drivers installed on your computer.
Rooting the Huawei Fusion 3
- Unzip files from Fastboot to your computer by right-clicking on the Fastboot archive and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your device and tap on Build number for 7-8 times to unlock the developer options.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch a CMD – Command Prompt Window – in the folder where Fastboot and Rooted Image files are located. To launch the window, hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- It should reboot your device into bootloader mode.
- When your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command using the CMD window:
fastboot boot huawei-Y536A1-root.img
- Wait for it to root your device. Your device may reboot while the rooted image is rooting it. It’s completely normal.
- When it’s done, reboot your device.
- You’re now rooted!
Your Huawei Fusion 3 is now completely rooted and is waiting for you to load root-requiring apps on it. Enjoy!