Once you have flashed a custom recovery on your Huawei Honor 3C, you can immediately boot into the recovery mode and flash SuperSU to gain root access on the phone. Rooting the Huawei Honor 3C is as easy as that.
Once you are rooted, you should be able to unleash the true potential of your phone which has been under the curtain so far. Once that’s unleashed, you should be all set to play around with various root-requiring apps, custom ROMs, custom kernels, and everything else that I did not mention here.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how you can go about rooting your Huawei Honor 3C using a custom recovery that is already running on your phone:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you do not have one, flash one using our how to install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 3C tutorial.
- This flashes SuperSU to achieve root access on the phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it in its original .zip format.
Rooting the Huawei Honor 3C
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Make sure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. It is recommended to place it in the root directory so it is easily accessible in the later steps.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode so that SuperSU can be flashed. To do so, hold down Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time.
- Your phone should now be in CWM Recovery mode.
- Select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard in the recovery menu.
- Navigate to your internal SD card storage and select SuperSU .zip to be flashed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt for flashing the zip file on your phone.
- Wait for CWM Recovery to flash SuperSU on your phone.
- When SuperSU’s flashed, reboot your phone using the reboot system now option.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You should now be rooted!
And there you go!
Your Huawei Honor 3C is now rooted using the custom recovery and you should be able to see the SuperSU app up and running on your phone. The app should help you provide root-permissions to various apps on your phone. Any app that wishes to access root on your phone, it will first ask you through the SuperSU app if it can be granted SU permissions. If you hit Grant, it will be given the root access permissions else it will not get any permissions.
Now that a custom recovery and root access are up on your phone, you should probably go ahead and hit up the Play Store to find some root-requiring apps for your phone that you can start using right away.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On The Huawei Honor 3C
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi Note
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Lenovo ZUK Z1
- How To Root The HTC Butterfly 3
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Lenovo A850
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.